This is an archive website. To join the Poetry Society, and find out more, please visit the new website.
Cheer up the winter blues with a Poetry Society membership
Membership to the Poetry Society makes the perfect gift for poetry lovers of all shapes and sizes – whether you’re looking for an unusual and tangible gift that will help a loved one feel part of a wide and supportive poetry community, or are looking for something to put on your own wish list...
What do you get?
Becoming a member means supporting poetry and all the work the Society does to sustain and extend the reach of the genre, including an extensive learning programme and Young Poets’ Network. It also delivers some fantastic benefits that keep you in touch with the poetry world, including:
- subscription to two physical, paper publications delivered quarterly: the premier poetry magazine The Poetry Review and the informative and ‘essential’ Poetry News, full to the brim with latest news, members’ poems and articles by well-known poets
- subscription to a monthly members e-bulletin, packed with information about the Society, events and opportunities for poetry lovers
- Exclusive discounts and special offers across the poetry world, including a free second entry to the National Poetry Competition, discounts on the Poetry Prescription and Poetry Surgery services, and discounted entry to Poetry Society events
- Access to the nationwide Stanza poetry groups – and the members-only Stanza poetry competition
- Opportunities to promote your work across the Poetry Society website, including Members’ Profiles and Members’ Bookshelf
- A warm feeling inside, knowing your membership helps the Poetry Society to further its work and support the continuing development of poetry across the UK and beyond
Buying a gift membership means putting your loved one at the heart of contemporary poetry.
A one-year membership costs from £42 (£35 concessions)
The gift recipient will receive:
- - their first issues of The Poetry Review and Poetry News
- - their membership card with their name and number, which they can use immediately to claim their discounts and special offers
- - a festive note from you
Alternatively, the first issues of The Poetry Review and Poetry News can be sent to the gift-giver to wrap and present. (There is space during the ordering process to specify this, so please make a note if you would prefer this option)
How do I order my gift membership?
Follow the link below which will take you to a list of options. Pick your option, add it to your basket, and simply follow the online instructions. Don't forget to specify on the form if you'd like the magazines sent to you first. Alternatively, you can call us on 020 7420 9881 and order over the phone.
Just click here and follow the instructions.
You can also give a gift that lasts THREE years (from £110/£90 concessions); or just give the gift of a Poetry News membership (where the recipient will not receive The Poetry Review – from £20)
If you'd like to join yourself, or renew your membership, just click here.
Christmas stars image credit: christmasstockimages.com